AM Entry Procedures:
Walkers and Parent Drop-Offs--Students who are walkers or who are dropped off by parents will enter the building at the entrance closest to Upper Allen Elementary School. Entry will begin at 7:30 a.m. Children should not arrive prior to this time as there will be no adult supervision until 7:30 a.m. An adult will remain at the door until the tardy bell rings at 7:40 a.m., at which time the doors will be locked. Students may not be dropped off at the front doors.
- The semi-circle in front of the school is for parent drop-off only – no parking.
- Keep to the right but do not drive on the sidewalk.
- Parents are asked to avoid getting out of the vehicle.
- Students should exit the right side if possible.
- Vehicles must remain in a single line of traffic and wait for the car(s) in front to move forward.
- Parents who need additional time or wish to park and walk students to the door are welcome to do so. Parking is available along York Street, East Meadow Drive, and Shepherdstown United Methodist Church.
Late Arrivals--Any student arriving after 7:40 a.m. will need to report to the office with the parent to receive a tardy pass before reporting to class. Parents must sign in students who arrive after 7:40.
Bus/Van Arrivals--Students who come to school on buses or vans will enter at their assigned entrances and be met by school personnel.
PM Exit Procedures:
DISMISSAL BEGINS 2:30
Walkers—Students who are walkers will be escorted by an adult at dismissal to the exit closest to Upper Allen Elementary School. Students are expected to walk directly home unless prior arrangements have been made and office personnel have been notified.
Private Vehicle Pick-Ups—Students being picked up by private vehicle will be dismissed through the main office doors at 2:30. Parents must come in to sign out children at the end of the day. Any adult picking up children should be prepared to show identification to office personnel. Please be prompt when picking up students at the end of the day.
Bus/Van Dismissals—Children who ride buses or vans will follow normal dismissal procedures at the assigned areas.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this effort to keep your children safe.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Shepherdstown Elementary Office at (717) 691-4589.